Bonanza - the Cast

Bonanza - the Cast
Pernell, Michael, Lorne and Dan - the objects of my quest!

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Part 7. A Sigh!

(The story so far: I've traveled back in time, from 2015 to 1972, only to find that I've somehow stumbled into an alternate past, where Pernell Roberts has just been arrested for the murder of Michael Landon! Wowsers!)

With a sigh, I turned my attention from my still-to-be-continued story about the alternate time stream in which Pernell Roberts had just been arrested for the murder of Michael Landon, while Dan Blocker beat a highly suspicious retreat out the side door of the studio, leaving poor alternate-universe Lorne Greene in shock over this highly revoltin' development, to the fact that my 2012 self had failed to update said story since 2009.

It wasn't for lack of time. And it wasn't just because the website for which I'd started the story, "Bonanza.com",



seemed to have vanished from the scene, like so many other websites since the dot.com bubble burst just a few years ago.

Part of it, of course, was that I had been married in 2007, and what with a cute hubby to call my own,



my attention had shifted from the make-believe Ponderosa guys to my real-life sweetie.

But even the best of marriages has its slow spots, and since this was one of them, I decided to see if I had anything new to say. And since my new boss's NetMeeting



had just fizzled due to a bad phone connection, I had some time to kill. I pulled up the story from my archives and got to work.

"Hey," I mused as I watched Mitch "Jamie" Vogel sidle out the same door where Dan Blocker had just exited, "What's that crazy redhead up to NOW??






(TO BE CONTINUED!)

No comments:

Post a Comment